Welcome to Ogata Whale Watching tour!
Here, “Tosa-bay” is the only place where you can meet the Bryde’s whale in Japan.
Let’s make unforgettable memory of whales!
Please read the instructions below to spend wonderful time with whales, safely and happily.
Passenger Fee and Cancellation
- Must be made before 13:00 of the previous day of the tour.
- Penalty : The cancellation after 13:00 of the previous day and the cancellation without informing, we charge 100% passenger fee as cancellation penalty. *We will send you claim note.
- The tour normally takes around 4 hours, sometimes takes more to look for whales. Therefore, please take enough time in your plan.
- We will ask how much you have extra time.
- If you have a schedule (train, bus and so on) after the tour, please inform us it in advance.
From Reservation to Departure
❶ We accept reservation 3 days before the tour
Fill out the necessary information on the Reservation form.
(Date, Time, The number of passengers, Age, Name, Current address, Telephone number, e-mail address, The name of the accommodation on previous night, Transportation)
We will inform you with e-mail after checking empty seats.
＊ When we get minimum passenger fee (4 adult fee : \24,000) 3 days before the tour, we make the tour.
❷ Final confirmation (previous night)
We make the final decision considering weather and sea conditions the day before the tour.
We will inform you that we conduct the tour or not, at 17:00 the day before the tour. Therefore, please check your e-mail.
＊ We put the highest priority to safety.
・When the conditions change, we cancel the tour, even if on the day. In this case, we inform you it in the morning.
・We may stop the tour and get back to the port depending on weather and sea conditions.
Please be at “Whale watching center (Irino port)” 30 min before the departure time.
The nearest station to the port is “Tosa-Irino” station. It takes 30 min from the station to the port on foot.
＊ When you delay the departure time, the boat may depart. In this case, we charge you cellation penalty.
The equipment of the boats (The boats are fishing boats)
- Toilet：Each boat has a toilet.
- Shading：There are sunbreaks of each boat. In the case of cold day, the captain may put away sunbreaks.
We do our very best to make you spend a wonderful time with whales and dolphins. But, we cannot control them, and cannot guarantee it. We do not refund the fee even though you meet nothing on the tour. Instead of it, we present you post cards. Please understand it, and apply the tour.
Clothes and Equipment
- You should avoid skirts and high-heels. Comfortable clothes and sneakers are better.
- Even in summer time, you may feel cold on the sea. Please, take the clothes with which you can control the body temperature.
- Hat or Cap. Take care of being blown off.
Prepare by yourself
- Sun glasses
- Take measures for heatstroke
- If you are sensitive to sea sickness, please take medicine. We do not sell the medicine, please prepare it by yourself.
- You can take lunches, snacks and beverages on the boat. But, alcohol is strictly prohibited. Please refrain from bringing alcohol on the boat.
- You should take camera and video, but take care about splash or submerge.
The Procedure of the Day
- We show the story about whales, dolphins, and other creatures whom we can meet during the tour. Also, we give instructions to avoid the danger.
- There is no English speaker guide on the boat, so we prepare English leaflet of it.
- We have sick bags, please ask us before embarking.
- It is better to go to the toilet before boarding.
- Our boats are fish boats. Therefore, they are not barrier-free.<
- You use the ladder to go on board and get off the boat. Depending on the ebb and flow of the tide, distance will be big. Please watch your steps.
- We hand out life jackets. Please, put on life jacket certainly.
The captain will search whales with might and main, but to increase the possibility to meet whales, please cooperate with the captain and other passengers to search whales.
The tour finish. We hope you continue nice travel.
Thank you very much. We are waiting for your boarding.
We make our best for you to have an amazing moment to meet whales and dolphins. When you get good photos, videos and fantastic memories, please leave them on our Facebook review.
- OGATA WHALE WATCHING
- Irino227-ロ, Kuroshio-cho, Hata-gun, Kochi 789-1931
- 0880-43-0091 (8:30～17:00)｜